Whether you want to organise a skills builder day for your district/division or a few evenings for your unit, we can offer you the ideal location to do activities you may not be able to do at your normal meeting place.
The campsite is perfect to work on your Camp Skills Builder. Not only is there a large area to pitch tents in, there's also a campfire area, altar fire and fire-lighting equipment, plenty of ropes for pioneering and you can either collect your own wood from the surrounding trees or raid the wood pile.
- Practise putting up tents (Stage 2, 4)
- Light fires (Stage 2, 3)
- Make gadgets (Stage 3, 6)
- Cook outdoors (Stage 4, 5, 6)
- Build shelters (Stage 5)
- Go camping! (Stage 5, 6)
While most UMAs can be done at the meeting place some require a large area to move in, need to be outside or require unusual equipment. Maybe you don't have a kitchen or anywhere to do messy activities? Why not book the campsite for a night and make your life easier. Here are our suggestions for some that are particularly suitable - if you want to add some to this list, let us know.
- First aid in the field
- Warm in the wild
- Get carried away - we have plenty of ropes and wood
- Catch of the day
- Survive the wild
- The two match challenge
- Treasure hunters
Skills for my Future
- Do it yourself - we have lots of tools and nails/screws/etc at the campsite, ask if you can use them
- Mission to moth
- Can cooker
- Campfire cookout
- Sow it, grow it - why not plant your seeds at the campsite, ask first where would be the best place